Monday, April 27, 2009

Sandblaster part 2

I did a little more on the sandblaster today.

Lala and I drilled the hole where sand is poured into the pressure tank. (through the pipe nipple welded on in the last post)


I cleaned the paint off in a couple of spots where I'll weld on a 1/2 inch pipe nipple for the air supply going into the pressure vessel, and a spot where I'll weld on a nut to which I'll screw in a pressure release valve.


1/2 inch pipe nipple. I'll cut it in half and use it for the air into the blaster, and to make an adapter that will thread into the tank where the gas valve was. The thread in the tank is 3/4 npt, but I will be using 1/2 inch npt fittings.

I cut the end off the handle for the 3/4 in portion of the adapter.
I cut the end off the 1/2 inch nipple, saving the leftover for welcing on the tank later.While I weld up the two cut down threaded portions, I'll slide them down a piece of threaded rod to keep them aligned while welding.

And the welded together adapter to go from 3/4 down to 1/2.

Here it is threaded into the top of the propane tank, ready for me to put the other 1/2 inch fittings on.

Next, I drilled a hole for the pressure release. the purpose is to ensure the pressure doesn't build up to a dangerous level

Hole Drilled
Hole drilled to be big enough to clearance the fitting... I'll weld the nut that it will thread into later.

Finally, I welded on the remaining half of the 1/2 inch nipple to the tank. I'll drill out the 1/2 inch hole later.

More to come....



No comments: